In the style of everybody else I know I thought I’d post my year in review. 2006 was a crazy, crazy year for me.
- Rode my first decent EFA dressage test
- Said goodbye to family and friends
- Moved to Columbia MD for three months to work at OmniTI.
- Began work in MD, working on Ecelerity webconsole
- Made new friends, found a place to ride, met lots of new horsy people
- Fell over on the ice a lot
- Fell in love with working at OmniTI
- Finished work on Ecelerity 2.1
- Got disgustingly homesick
- Got promoted to Director of Web Development, and made tentative plans to stay in MD
- Tore the cartilage in my knee and began eight miserable weeks on crutches and doped up on painkillers
- Thanked the powers that be for my friends who helped me in this crisis when I was on the opposite site of the planet from my husband and support system
- Was visited by Luke
- Spoke at MySQL UC, on crutches
- Chris became a Principal
- Finally had knee surgery and could walk again
- Started riding again
- Spoke at NYPHP
- Babysat the office while everybody else was out of town
- Spoke at ApacheCon in Dublin
- Went home for the first time since January
- Went to OSCON and gave a tute and a talk
- Returned to MD, further homesickness ensued.
- Went to Germany for long awaited vacation with Luke
- Travelled to Microsoft for the Web Dev summit
- Moved to our new, bigger office in Columbia, started hiring a few more staff to fill it
- Spoke at ApacheCon in Austin and DCPHP
- Rode in my first US horse trials (and was 5th)
- Had a hideous car accident
- Appointed Principal and took a trip home to celebrate
- Moved into my own house in MD at last
- Divisional Champion at a jumper show
- Trip home, Christmas, need I say more?
It’s been a year of amazing ups and downs. Here’s hoping 2007 has just as many ups and less downs.
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.
Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.
– Arundhati Roy